MPS or UPS (Outer London).
Required September 2019
Post available on Teachers Main and Upper Pay Scales (Outer London)
The role will begin in September and we would consider both full time and part time contracts to ensure we find the right candidate. Equally, we welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or those considering entering the profession through routes such as Teacher Apprenticeships.
This is an opportunity to work with highly intelligent, engaged and well-behaved students in a school that values RS as an academic subject, with all students sitting a full GCSE in Y11. The subject area has knowledgeable, experienced and well-motivated staff and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high ‘Value Added’, it offers you the potential to develop your own career through excellent CPD, alongside a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
The key focuses of this role within the department will be to:
- Maintain the excellent levels of academic engagement students show in the subject area, encouraging them to go beyond the specification content and develop skills that will serve them well in further education.
- Contribute to the continuing development of our courses, with the freedom to design and deliver units that reflect your interests and expertise.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School an extremely stimulating environment in which to work.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
- working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
- the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
- opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
- access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
- a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
- a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
- a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
- amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym.
- a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
For further information please contact:
Designated departmental contact for this vacancy:
Name: Dr M Young, Subject Leader of Religious Students and Philosophy
Number: 020 8647 2235
Mr David Jones, Assistant Headteacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack may be downloaded from the School website at www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/Opportunities . Please note an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than the closing date. Candidates may be called for interview upon receipt of their application. A Statement of Suitability addressed to the Headmaster is required as part of the application.
Visits to the School are welcome prior to application. Please contact Mrs Jo Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 18th March 2019
We reserve the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date. We therefore recommend that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
- The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employments checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.