Teacher of Mathematics (Required for September 2019)
MPS or UPS (Outer London) We welcome applications from NQTs.
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic Mathematics Subject Area where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high ‘Value Added’, it offers you the potential to develop your own career in an ‘Outstanding’ school. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
For the successful candidate, this is your chance to:
• Work within an Outstanding school;
• Teach high-achieving students at KS3, KS4 and A Level, and preferably Further Mathematics A Level and STEP/Oxbridge entrance;
• Work within a highly motivated and exciting Maths Faculty which encourages students to achieve their full potential;
• Work within a School which challenges and supports professional development through a programme of Continuing Professional Development which has received a Silver Status Quality Mark for Excellence.
This position would suit a Newly Qualified Teacher or a more experienced candidate. This brief will vary with time as you add to an already effective team, work in a flexible way, encourage innovation and enhance existing strengths.
• A highly motivated Senior Leadership Team who wish to see Maths flourish within the School and local community;
• Working with students who respond well to inspirational and motivational teaching creating memorable teaching and learning experiences;
• A school which has Value Added scores which are consistently in the top 2% nationally; top 1% for mathematics;
• Working within a school where GCSE results are always in the top 50 state schools in the country;
• A strong House System which aims to include all students.
Our overall aim is for students to love Mathematics and to want to do more. It is a wonderful feeling to hear a conversation between students leaving school at the end of the day discussing the problems they have been solving in a Maths test!
Designated departmental contact for this vacancy:
Name: Miss Gill Bird (Head of Faculty for Mathematics)
Number: 020 8647 2235
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 25th February 2019
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 25th February 2019
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate and therefore advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
Recruitment Brochure - Teacher of Mathematics
Application Form - Teacher
Job Description - Teacher