MPS or UPS (Outer London) – TLR 2b
Teaching role with career potential across our Trust
This is your opportunity to lead a dynamic Drama department where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, the school is looking for a practitioner who is passionate about Drama and keen not only to maintain the highest academic standards but also to contribute to the great variety of co-curricular activities in which the department is involved. These include our annual House Drama competition, theatre trips, school plays, SMSC events and many others.
Opportunities to work within Folio Education Trust schools are very rewarding, blending the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments and CPD.
Applications are welcomed from experienced and newly qualified teachers
For the successful candidate, this is your chance to:
- Experience working at an outstanding school;
- Teach high-achieving students at KS4;
- Work within a highly motivated and exciting Drama Department which encourages students to achieve their full potential;
- Work within a School which challenges and supports professional development through a programme of Continuing Professional Development which has received a Quality Mark for Excellence (Silver Status).
- A highly motivated Senior Leadership Team who wish to see Drama flourish within the School;
- Working with students who respond well to inspirational and motivational teaching creating memorable teaching and learning experiences;
- A school which has Value Added scores which are consistently in the top 2% nationally;
- Working within a school where GCSE results are always in the top 50 state schools in the country;
- A strong House System which aims to include all students.
For further information, please contact:
Mrs Anna Weddell, Subject Leader of Drama at email@example.com
Dr Kelvin Meek, Acting Assistant Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/Opportunities to download the candidate pack including the Job Description and Application Form. Please note we can only accept applications on this form. The completed form should be emailed to Mrs Jo Johnson, HR Officer at email@example.com
We welcome visits to the School prior to application. Please contact Mrs Johnson to make an appointment.
Please also note that to comply with Safer Recruitment guidelines CVs cannot be accepted as a valid form of application.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Mrs Johnson using the email address above.
Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 27th February 2019
We reserve the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date. We therefore recommend that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
Wallington County Grammar School is part of the Folio Education Trust and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre-employment checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
The Candidate Privacy Notice is published on our web site at http://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/Opportunities.
Application Form (Teaching)