Salary - Grade 4/5 spine point 18-25 (paid pro-rata);
£17,678 - £21,384 (Actual salary; dependent upon experience)
36 hours per week; Monday to Friday (07:50 start); Term Time Only
This is your opportunity to work with some of the most committed and intelligent secondary school students in the country as part of a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff.
The key focuses of this role will be to:
- deliver high quality cover lessons to highly able students of selective ability;
- cultivate warm and professional relationships with students centered around our strong ethos of pastoral care;
- (if desired) support the delivery of school sport including rugby and cricket;
- support teachers to secure the very best outcomes for students by undertaking a wide range of curriculum support tasks;
- supervise a focused Sixth Form private study space, supporting their work to access the country’s top universities.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
- working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
- opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
- access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status);
- a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
- a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
- a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
- amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
- a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
To make an application please complete the Application Form below (please note we can only accept applications on this form). The completed form should be emailed to Mrs Jo Johnson, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also note that to comply with Safer Recruitment guidelines CVs cannot be accepted as a valid form of application.
We welcome visits to the School prior to application. Please contact Mrs Johnson to make an appointment.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Mrs Johnson using the email address above.
Closing Date: 9am, 8th May 2019
We reserve the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date. We therefore recommend that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
Wallington County Grammar School is part of the Folio Education Trust and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre-employment checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
The Candidate Privacy Notice is published on our web site at http://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/Opportunities