2019 Familiarisation Tests
Planning for our 2019 familiarisation tests is still ongoing therefore not all details have been finalised, however we are able to share the following information:
- As we did in 2018 we will be offering two different tests. Test A will consist of one Maths paper and one English paper. Test B will consist of a different Maths and English paper. The English and Maths papers will each last 40 minutes with a short break between them.
- Both Test A and Test B will be multiple choice and will be set to the same standard based on the Key Stage 2 curriculum.
- We will be offering a choice of morning or afternoon sessions on each of the test dates.
- Test A dates: 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th May and 8th June
- Test B dates: 9th, 22nd, 23rd June and 6th, 7th July
- Comprehensive feedback will be provided for each child including:
- Raw scores in English and Maths
- Standardised score in English and Maths and a combined overall score
- A breakdown of the child's score by topic for both the English and Maths papers to help identify areas where the child did well or where perhaps more attention is required
- Feedback on the number of questions for which no mark was awarded due to either no answer or multiple answers being provided
- Places funded by WCGS PTFA. As in previous years, we will be offering a number of free Test A places to children in year 5 (a maximum of 1 per child) who are eligible for Pupil Premium Funding or Free School Meals. We will require you to provide the following information to confirm your entitlement to a PTFA funded place
- For students whose school receives Pupil Premium Funding you will need a letter from your child's school to prove they receive pupil premium for them
- For students currently eligible for Free School Meals you will need to visit https://pps.lgfl.org.uk, enter your details and either take a photograph or screenshot of the page that shows your entitlement to Free School Meals
Please note that we will NOT consider any applications for free test places received before we start taking 2019 bookings, however you might like to gather the above evidence as soon as possible.
- We anticipate that we will start taking bookings in January 2019, however this has not yet been finalised.
- Further information will be published on this website as soon as it is available.
If you would like us to email you to give you more information about the 2019 tests once details have been finalised please click on the link below and enter your email address when prompted. Please note that we will only use your email address to advise you about the 2019 tests.